Become a supporter of the club
The club sponsors help to enable our youth development programme, and contribute to the future of the Harleston Magpies Hockey Club. We are pleased to offer a range options for companies and individuals to help the Club achieve our aim of providing hockey for all.
In return for supporting the club you can benefit from a range of activities including coverage on our website, social media and digital channels, on-site advertising, and press coverage - all of which raise your profile with over 300 hockey club members, the local community, and our increasingly national profile on social media. Our teams play all over the country, and have a proven track record in national, east and norfolk leagues, both during the winter season, and throughout the summer with our holiday camps, training and coaching sessions and open-to-all sessions.
We continue to grow our web and social media presence, effectively using the platforms for communicating and building the brand of the Club. Our website had 52,656 visits in 12 months. Our Twitter account @magpies_hockey has over 1,500 followers, and the activity gained 647,000 impressions and achieved 14,200 engagements. Facebook activity gained 86,000 impressions and 6,100 engagements.
Why support Harleston Magpies HC?
- This is your chance to support the biggest and one of the most successful hockey clubs in the East of England
- We serve the local community, placing great emphasis on youth development, and providing hockey for all ages and abilities
- The Club places great emphasis on the quality of its facilities and management. In 2002 the Club invested in a water-based pitch and in 2006 upgraded its other synthetic grass pitch and installed new floodlighting, an outside toilet and a new clubhouse balcony
- We have a large playing membership, and many supporters, who regularly attend home and away matches all over the country.
- We run 14 regular Saturday league teams, 6 mens teams and 8 womens teams. We also enter teams in various national youth competitions.
- We have an excellent track record in achieving playing success.
- We have a youth development officer who is responsible for the Club’s extensive youth development programme which involves in excess of 200 youth members from age eight.
- Our activities are publicised throughout the year in the local press, the Harleston Grapevine magazine, via the website, on social media, on the local radio and our notice board near the Harleston Post Office.